Technology...I Guess I'm Not as Savvy as I Thought
I feel terrible. My technological ability is not as advanced as I thought. I have let many readers down, but don't give up on me...read on.
When I posted my blog onto FB, many of you were so kind to comment that you had actually read it! However, you had to tell me through a comment on FB or a personal text message, because you unsuccessfully tried to post a comment to the actual blog. I seriously have no idea why! Blogspot seems so easy to use. But as I dug deeper, I realized that I forgot to click on the button that allows for all comments. If you want to test my theory that I fixed it, try writing a comment to this post. Crossing my fingers that it works.
Now, as a writer, that is a VERY scary thing...to open yourself up to public scrutiny. But if I'm willing to post on an open forum, like the internet (and you can't get much more open than that!), then I have to be willing to accept criticism. However, I hope that most comments will be about the content or about readers' own introspections. I have a confession to make along those lines: I love looking at Nextdoor.com, not to post but just to read the play-by-play of people going at each other in the comments. It's entertaining...ridiculous and truly sad, in many cases...but it can be funny if taken the right way! I hope that doesn't happen with this blog.
I did update my profile and added a "subscribe" gadget. Apparently you must go to the top left-hand corner and click on the little lines, which probably has an actual name or term, but I have no idea what it is. Hopefully it's easy to navigate--please let me know. After years in the education system, always learning new technology or programs, I thought I had conquered that which seemed so elusive. A good friend who taught Language Arts/English but recently transitioned to working as an Instructional Technology coach, if she's reading this, is shaking her head and laughing at me. I was really trying to do this without asking for her expertise, but I may have to call on her for pro bono services. If you're reading this, dear friend, please don't judge....you know it took me 2 tries to become Google certified. (Disclaimer: I didn't pass the first test because I added too many bells and whistles to the deliverables. Never do that when a computer is grading your test; just give them exactly what they ask you to do. Apparently, "Watson" was not impressed by my beautiful Slides presentation! Live and learn, then take the test again!)
Blogspot has gotten the best of me. I guess I'm not as technologically savvy as I thought. Feel free to send some advice or pointers. (Or let me know if I have a mistake in the post. As an editor, I truly appreciate those helpful eyes!)
Thanks for reading!!!!!!
I call the 3 lines the menu! Great job on#2. I'll keep reading. 🙂
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Thanks for sharing your voice with us :)
ReplyDelete